Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Pancho

Pancho walked down the streets yesterday…..alone
He did not have a home
He wandered around with no worries
No business or hurries
He was always happy and free
Unchained like you and me
He stops me and asks…..
Adonde vas muchacho?
I look over and say "me voy a mi trabajo senor"
He laughs and says “entonces no te vas despacio o se van a matar
I say nothing and continue walking
His words stay with me lingering and stalking
Stalking me with a burning rage
I get to work the next day and close the door to my cage
Who will kill me if I’m not here
They may never even miss me, especially this year
I begin to recall the days past
And how Pancho may have turned the way he is so fast
I've listened to Pancho speak and explain his side of life
Society has made him what he is today, homeless without a wife
I wonder who's really to blame
Society? or Pancho for giving up on this game
Shot and wounded because he couldn't play fast enough
The business vultures worked harder and were just too rough
Now Pancho is wandering the streets looking for an new place to lay his head
Cold, Bitter, Homeless, Hungry, and DEAD

No comments: