Sunday, January 25, 2009

Unsportsmanlike Conduct?

What has our sportsmanship come to?
In 2009 I have watch as a Houston University player gets called
for a charging foul then proceeds to WALK on the face of the kid on the ground.
NO, my bad
NO, oops
NO, let me help you up
BUT, only a high five and a smile as hes being ejected


Why is it that players now a days have resorted to a "take no shit" attitude
Its not cool enough to be just a good player, they have to taunt others now
Its not good enough to beat you now, they have to EMBARRASS you
Its not good enough to play hard, you have to have a chip on your shoulder
Its not ok to have had everything, you have to come from poverty
Sometimes I wonder, can I coach another year with these kids?
Then I say to myself:
If Im not there to help them change then who is. And I always say
"if you want something done, do it yourself". I coach discipline, and
hard work. I don't allow players to disrespect me, coaches, players,
refs, and especially THEMSELVES. As I sit back and read and see all
thats going on in sports today, I have to wonder: WHO'S TEACHING THEM THIS?
Hello parents its a new day, do you know HOW your kids are?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like it because its true