Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Then you say your sorry

Yesterday I took your phone and you stopped doing your work
You pouted and did nothing in class
Eventually, you would storm out and whisper "kiss my ass"
Stomping to the office with attitude galore
And they said to you,"in here again, once more?"
So the day goes on and you sleep on your actions
It eats away at you and nothings bringing you satisfaction
So today you quickly scamper to my class so your not late
And get to work on your warm-ups because it's a whole new date
Quietly you write with a furious abandon
Not taking any time to say anything random
I ask if you have finished your warm-up and you nod a yes
So I say to myself, "shes not talking to me, I guess"
Still killing the paper with your pencil you write at your table
Finally getting up as if its your will that has made you able
Walking ever so gently to me and handing me a note
I think to myself "no telling what she wrote"
"I was in a bad mood and took it out on you"
"Sorry for that, to make it up, is there anything I can do?"
My shoulders slump a bit as I sigh with pride
Because I've always known that, in you, a wonderful person likes to hide

No comments: