Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Don't, Because I said so

As I stood there staring at the water I was scared
Knowing I had to land right in the middle, I stared
Bending my knees and thrusting forward I took a leap off the tree
Plunging towards the water I had never felt so free
In an instant I was pounding the water with my feet
Going down, down, down, ever so deep
Eyes closed I began to work my way to the surface for air
Bursting out of the water with not even on little care
This day of summer was one for the books
I had jumped from the highest branch and everyone gave me the "your cool" looks
I was on top of the world and everyone wanted to be me
But scared none could make it that high in the tree
I took this small victory and headed home
Hoping to mom this day would not be known
As she left for work that AM she said don't go anywhere
And instead I was a high flier in my underwear
I made it home and she had no clue
And I made up a lie when asked "how was your day, what you do?"
She smiled and said "sounds fun, and looks like you got sun"
Then as I walked away she says "I hope your wet shorts mean you had watering hole fun"
Shocked she knew what I had done I felt like I had taken a few stomach blows
And from that day on I kept in my mind, no matter what I do.....MAMA KNOWS!!

No comments: