Sunday, March 22, 2015

Puppy Love Unknowing Pups

Together we rode the streets holding hands on our bikes
Young love with no future intentions
My name probably has never poured from your lips in 30 years
Two young kids loving life and playing pretend
Pretending to be the couple we are now with our spouses
Even though those days we were clueless
Clueless to that it all meant
To us it meant getting to hold hands as we made that corner turn onto Gravel street
It meant laughing till our sides hurt
It meant inviting you to my Mcdonalds birthday party
It meant saying goodby and not realizing it was forever
It meant childhood memories would always contain good ones
It meant that knowing I made her smile once means I was there for a reason
It means that not knowing that reason doesn't matter anymore
It means that Gravel Street will always make me smile with every inch of my heart

No comments: