Monday, November 2, 2009

Todays Memory

Do you remember your childhood?
Do you want to remember it?
Was it a time of laughter and joy?
Or was it a memory you tend to forget?
I remember racing my friend around the block barefoot
I remember sliding down "police hill" ON MY KNEES
I remember stuffing my dad's cigarette with a firework
I remember being yelled at to go to sleep because I was singing with the radio too loud
I remember "hunting" for crawdads in the creek down the street
I remember making out for the first time at the age of 12, she was 18
I remember taking my sister to the ER after falling of her bike and splitting her chin
I remember filling a small trash can with water so my sis and I could uhhh swim??
I remember the first thing I ever stole, and mom turning the car around so I could return it
I remember the things you ever told me about when there was nobody around
I remember the things we shouldn't remember but they make me a better man anyway
I remember........it all, even when it doesn't remember me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha...I love these words..togethter.